Clean Harbors in Metairie, LA is looking for a Facility Maintenance Manager to join their safety conscious team. The Facility Maintenance Manager oversees all maintenance activities at the facility and is responsible for managing the various functions of the maintenance department.
Why Work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for managing various functions of the maintenance department, including, but not limited to Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Mechanical;
- Assures proper preventative maintenance of production fillers, cappers, carton erectors/former/closer or automated packaging machinery;
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical, electrical and software skills;
- Ability to support various software control platforms for complete package lines;
- Ability to assemble components and parts as required by manufacturers;
- Extensive working knowledge of all plant electrical equipment and applications;
- Knowledge of Inventory management for Spare/Critical parts;
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures, Holds employees accountable;
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and ensures work meets compliance standards;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office);
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, from production to management;
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to assure customer confidence in the operation of equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Background in Engineering strongly preferred, but not required;
- Experience in the blending and packaging industry preferred;
- Experience installing and trouble-shooting PLC motion control software and harware including experience in repair/maintenance of capital equipment or electronics such as servo drives preferred;
- Experience working with HMI's and programmable controllers preferred;
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical/pneumatic schematics;
- Background in Project Management an asset;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following trades: Instruments and Electrical;
- 4+ years of specific trade or plant-related experience;
- 2+ years of management experience.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.