Our Human Resources Director of Industrial Services partners with Senior Business Leaders to provide specialized coaching, support and influence that enables the effective development and delivery of people plans that support business unit strategic and operational plans. This individual will also provide both transformational advice and transactional support on change management initiatives related to the workforce.
Will consider candidates anywhere within the Gulf region.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Creates and leads HR strategies, initiatives and practices that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing superior standards and the ongoing development of a superior workforce;
- Oversees the development and execution of people strategies that align and support overall business strategy;
- Partners closely with all teams within the HR department to drive and deliver innovative and value-added HR solutions;
- Strategically works with business leaders to develop and deploy effective employee lifecycle planning including workforce planning, talent acquisition and employee development to meet current and future business needs;
- In partnership with Line of Business (LOB) Leaders, identifies and prioritizes the needs of the business units related to the HR Centers of Excellence (i.e.: Comp, Benefits, Recruiting, Development);
- Leads and develops a team of Human Resources Business Partners;
- Acts as a point of escalation for complex employee relations issues;
- Ensures effective, thorough and objective investigations;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees;
- Originates and leads programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction;
- Trains managers/employees on company policies/procedures and other organizational development training programs;
- Helps administer union agreements for assigned unions and organizations, where applicable, and may represent the company in union negotiations;
- Develops and manages an HR budget.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive HR experience in a complex business environment, cross-border experience considered an asset;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Industrial, Environmental or Energy industry preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of professional Human Resources experience providing consultative and strategic support to organizational leaders on a broad range of human resource issues;
- Minimum 3 years in a Management role, ideally in an international organization;
- Previous experience in Labor Relations including union negotiation experience is considered an asset;
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Human Resources, Business, Commerce or Labor Relations;
- CPHR designation is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to influence change within the organization by leveraging strong working relationships built on trust;
- High level of interpersonal, coaching and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation and public speaking skills;
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as business demands require.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.