Clean Harbors is looking for a Operations Coordinator (Technical Services) to join their safety conscious team at our Brampton, ON location! The major function of this position is to logistically multi-task; specifically, as it relates to employee selection, load planning, equipment organization; and effective scheduling.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitve wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Oversight, scheduling, and dispatch of internal Class AZ driver fleet. This will include scheduling of drivers/equipment, reviews of dispatch planning, delegating daily tasks, problem resolution and overall support for all logistical needs.
- Hourly / Daily management and coordination of vehicle assets through WinWeb Logistics, TMS Dispatch, & Hub Management Systems. Constant communication with internal employees & facilities.
- Incorporate proper staffing, planning, and scheduling by understanding business volumes, internal routing, and asset allocation.
- Management of worksheet entry and hourly employee payroll.
- Coordinatring with supply chain management to ensure necessary supplies are available.
- Manages and monitors Electronic Log Device dashboard for compliance.
- Strong customer service performance. Ensure all services are completed to customers’ expectations.
- Obtains necessary information to schedule and plan workload to meet or exceed expectations; both conveyed and unspoken.
- Maintains all forms of communications with personnel to respond to service, equipment delays, and emergencies, etc.
- Monitors and communicates real time driver tracking to appropriate personnel to ensure adequate on time service.
- Selects appropriate personnel to operate equipment in a professional manner, taking into consideration DOT logs, days off schedule, time distribution, etc.
- Initiates and completes all service-related paperwork to comply with all Provincal and Federal regulations.
- Effectively organizes, on short notice, frequent changes in dispatch, service, and business needs.
- Communicates regularly with the Technical Services Branch Manager to ensure job priorities are clear, service quality is acceptable, and to resolve any conflicts concerning personnel/equipment resources.
- Immediately notifies the Technical Services Branch Manager of any problems or concerns.
- Interacts with vendors as necessary or directed.
- Actively participates in safety meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of transportation and logistics experience preferred.
- 1+ years of administrative support experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team.
- Must have computer knowledge with proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Possess excellent communication and human relations skills. Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Excellent problem solving/relationship building skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.