Clean Harbors Bartow, FL location is seeking a Sales Manager to join our winning sales team. The Sales Manager is responsible to grow, expand, and maintain revenues and customers, and manage / coach all the Account Managers within the assigned district.
This opportunity offers location flexibility within the Florida and Puerto Rico territory for the right candidate. Overnight travel is required
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Hire, train, lead and coach sales team with setting account strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as needed;
- Create and manage sales territories;
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment with the Regional strategy;
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory revenues;
- Develop local sales support tools and customer campaigns;
- Responsible for selling the Technical Services field and Safety Kleen Lines of Business.
- Understand market and competitor activity and respond accordingly;
- Meet weekly with DVP to discuss district sales performance; take initiatives to incentivize cross and upsell;
- Ensure customer satisfaction; promote communication and coordination between operations and customer service to deliver exceptional service to clients;
- Handle disputes and conflicts and troubleshoot with clients (when requested);
- Actively participate in the development, growth, and retention of the top branch accounts;
- Develop sales force skills by evaluating sales team strengths/weaknesses;
- Drive CRM/Salesforce usage - manage pipeline and revenue and reporting.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 7+ years of outside sales experience in an environmental services, waste management, site services, or similar industry required.
- 5+ years of directly managing a geographically diverse staff with sales and revenue responsibilities
- Proven knowledge of environmental policy, regulations, and market conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent additional experience required;
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting skills;
- Successful track record in account management and development;
- Prior experience using CRM software tools to manage customers, territory, sales quotas and reporting – Salesforce experience preferred
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills;
- Training and presentation skills;
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and managing employees;
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office Products;
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes equitably;
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills;
- Motivation and team building skills;
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements;
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills;
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and projects;
- Integrity and reliability;
- Ability to travel 50%+;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.