Safety-Kleen in San Jose, CA is seeking a Class B Vacuum Truck Route Driver (Vacuum Sales and Service Representative) to manage a route and operate a Vacuum Truck to pick up industrial waste from customers such as automotive repair shops and quick oil change businesses and transport to disposal sites.
Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Competitive Wages; $25.24-$38.01 hourly DOE
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- May visit 10-12 customer sites per day
- Manual labor on sites to completely fulfill customer needs
- Complete daily scheduled services, deliveries, and pickups in a timely manner
- Complete all required documentation and labeling
- Generate / collect leads from customers for new products and services
- Sell additional products and services into existing accounts
- Actively prospect for new accounts in assigned route
- Primary account ownership in assigned route
- Ensure customer satisfaction at time of service
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Valid Class B CDL
- Obtain Hazmat and Tanker endorsements within 90 days of employment
- Use of various mobile devices
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Commercial driver experience
- Hazmat and Tanker endorsement
- Previous Hazmat experience
- Previous route driving experience
- Operate a manual transmission
- Business to business sales experience
- Strong customer service background
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.