The Inventory Item Specialist is responsible for maintaining inventory items at the corporate level for PeopleSoft, WIN, and the inventory locations as it pertains to asset maintenance.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Manage granular item id s for inventory items. Determines which items are consumable, critical or CAPX.
- Provides accurate and current inventory data for purchasing decisions.
- Works with Procurement Managers to maintain the item ID’s and link to suppliers as needed.
- Works with Managers and personnel to ensure that critical stock items and maintenance supplies are maintained with the appropriate item ID’s.
- Monitors inventory usage and makes recommendations of items to delete or add.
- Reviews reports of inventory balance, shortages, as required
- Corresponds with vendors concerning pricing for accuracy as needed
- Determines where to stock key critical inventory where needed based on usage and feedback from managers.
- Must use computer applications including Microsoft Office applications and database software in performance of assigned work.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of general database management.
- Inventory management.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of inventory controls;
- Numerical ability to perform rapid and accurate arithmetic computations using a calculator
- Experience using a computerized inventory control system
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work under little supervision
- Ability to influence cross functionally at senior levels in the company; interfacing with Operation, Finance, MIS
- Ability to travel as needed, 10%+
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.