The Yard Driver will be responsible for the on-premise delivery of containerized hazardous and non-hazardous materials in bins, van, bulk trailers, tanker trucks, and other equipment at the company’s El Dorado, Arkansas facility.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner, checking for clearance, balance, and travel requirements to avoid damage, spillage, leakage or any other release of material during transit
- Delivers/picks up bins, van, bulk trailers, tanker trucks, and other equipment that must be driven throughout the facility. Ensures that wheel chalks and jack-stands are in place and operating properly
- Review MSDS or manifests when handling hazardous waste that the Yard Driver has not handled before
- Perform manual tasks such as cleaning up spills when necessary while taking all safety precautions necessary to prevent injury
- Perform and document routine equipment inspections and report any defects that are noted. Maintains a regular check (using inspection checklist) on vehicle to ensure all travel requirements (leading to the safe operation of the vehicle) such as fuel, lubrication, brakes, tire pressure, cooling system, battery, running lights, etc. are properly functioning and in good condition
- Exercise good judgment and proper operating skills required to operate the vehicle within the confines of the facility, positioning trailers/vans at loading dock, and maneuvering vehicle in crowed areas around the facility. Observe and maintain posted speed limits
- Properly placards and stores loaded equipment in accordance with Site specific Permitted storage conditions/requirements
- Understands Clean Compliance Standard
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years related work or industry experience preferred
- Able to work with little if no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work
- Strong mechanical ability
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH LI-MM1