Safety-Kleen, North America’s largest re-refiner of used motor oil, is seeking a Logistics Manager that will coordinate waste oil over the road truck & rail assets at the refineries, branches and customer sites. Prior experience with oil or chemical commodities is a plus, but it is something we are willing to train on. The logistics manager must communicate with refinery personnel and all stakeholders external to the refinery to ensure inbound flows of material are consistent with refinery production goals and storage capabilities. The individual will also be responsible for developing metrics, reporting, network optimization, purchase order resolution and incident management (PCB events, derailments, railcar outages).
- Understand and track all used oil flows to the refinery including local collection, tanker traffic from remote branch tank farms, rail shipments and third-party deliveries. Develop system and necessary tools to track and schedule deliveries and offloading slots for all shipments.
- Work with refinery to staff to schedule and assure timely turnaround and offloading timing for all inbound vehicle types.
- Provide reporting and analysis to reconcile inbound volume against production plans and forecasts, on-site inventory and storage limitations.
- Communicate and coordinate daily with Used Oil Logistics. Works with the Used Oil Logistics Group on network optimization and transportation cost savings initiatives.
- Work with Sales Directors to establish new lanes and pricing for truck served customers.
- Primary contact for truck pricing coordination with Director of Pricing/Contracts/Proposals.
- Develop metrics and monthly reporting of truck demurrage and utilization: Internal and customer reporting; work directly with Sales Directors to identify and address issues at customer sites; and work with refinery managers to reduce demurrage time at each respective refinery.
- Work with the MIS group to develop and enhance the WIN Lube Oil Application.
- Advise Oil Leadership Team of the truck routing conditions (congestion/labor union issues, etc.) and the potential implications.
- Provide solutions to minimize the effects on customer deliveries.
- Participate in rail rate negotiations with the Director of Oil Logistics.
- Work with the Director of Pricing/Contracts/Proposals the ensure rates are current and customer contracts are up to date.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of coordinating or managing logistics required. 5+ years preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in bulk tanker transportation.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to handle multiple goals and issues simultaneously.
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.