Our team is hiring an Industrial Maintenance Technician, internally titled as a Facility Maintenance and Repair for our Baltimore, MD facility.
The ideal candidate will have a background in maintaining industrial equipment, such as electrical motors, compressors, boilers, and pumps. General knowledge of facility maintenance repair, including strong mechanical, electrical, pneumatical or hydraulic troubleshooting within a plant setting is preferred.
The Maintenance team is seeking a highly self-motivated team player with the ability to work with little to no supervision performing predictive and preventative maintenance, solving difficult problems, managing outside contractors and handling multiple projects and daily activities under tight timelines.
This is a Monday-Friday position, with overtime opportunities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain the facility equipment including but not limited to pumps, motors, compressors, valves, actuators, piping, lighting, etc.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during operation and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during planned shutdowns.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Develop and/or maintain maintenance schedules and ensure implementation.
- Inspect or test damaged equipment parts for defects and functionality and repair as needed.
- Perform safety inspections of the facility to identify and resolve issues.
- Assist in the planning and oversight of all repair and installation activities.
- Monitor equipment inventory and request purchase orders when necessary.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates.
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts.
- Control and monitor inventory of maintenance repair parts.
- Ensure that all forklifts are cleaned, fueled and in proper working order.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must possess strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills in Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and Instrumentation & Controls.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Ability to read, understand and interrupt technical manuals.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5.
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. These positions offer the opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to management at Clean Harbors
Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors Team.