The Hazardous Waste Collection Technician works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily lab packs within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves.
For efficiency, waste is collected by a team of two technicians. This role is will be partnered with a driver for waste collection in the field.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Why work for Clean Harbors
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Safe and compliant execution of lab pack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off specifications of commercial products
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements
- Chemistry knowledge a plus but not required
- Comfortable working with Hazardous Waste
- Manual labor required - will assist with loading and unloading truck
- Ability to work side by side with another
- Monday – Friday, 5:00 a.m. start time
- Ability to work Saturday's on occasion (based on customer needs)
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management; will be required to meet Clean Harbors customer expectations
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science preferred,
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to use a laptop with Microsoft experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER and DOT training preferred
- Previous labor-intensive background preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driver record
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining th
Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.