Safety-Kleen in Davenport is looking for a Warehouse Lead (known internally as a Material Handler Lead) to join their safety conscious team! You will be responsible for managing all assigned warehouse duties in a safe and responsible manner. This individual will work within all local, state, and federal rules and regulations; and follow all Safety-Kleen policies and procedures.
Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- $22-$24/hour based on experience
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- 1+ years previous physical/labor work experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at times
- Forklift driving skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Advanced computer skills with applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with hazardous materials
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Supervise warehouse personnel
- Unload containerized waste from the route trucks
- Reload route trucks with supplies and equipment for next day’s runs
- Ensures all waste and containers are in acceptable shipping condition and organized for transport to recycle or distribution centers
- Stock the warehouse with received materials
- Prepare waste loads for shipment
- Housekeeping in the branch (painting, picking up trash, sweeping, cleaning, straightening)
- Empty and fill drums of solvent mineral spirits
- Perform minor repairs on parts washers at the warehouse
- Supervise third party bulk liquid transfers
- Order inventory and assist with inventory count at warehouse
- Other duties as required
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.