Location: La Porte, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2022
Job ID: 118192
The Facility Engineer Lead provides project management at plant site whereby he/she directs, coordinates and controls the activities of subcontractors as well as the facility personnel assigned to the project.
• Assists plant GM in developing capital projects list for the facility and helps develop budget costs for such projects.
• Provides engineering support to plant maintenance department on an as needed basis and coordinates planning of scheduled outage of major systems.
• Provides engineering support for the design and development of capital projects and assists in obtaining necessary permits.
• Coordinates the project activities at the plant level with all involved departments such as operation, management, maintenance, compliance and Health and Safety.
• As a part of the project management, assures equipment & services procurement and compliance with all predetermined applicable regulations and company policies.
• Maintains control over project cost, construction and project schedules and providing periodic update reports of the assigned capital projects.
• Attends all plant management meetings and provides engineering assistance for maintenance and other projects to assure proper and timely repairs, modifications and improvements to equipment and systems.
• Provide proper engineering support, maintains working understanding of all permits related to the facility and all applicable regulations related to buildings, structures, processes and general waste handling activities at the site.
• Provides assistance to other facilities engineering personnel on an as needed basis.
• Maintains complete documentation and updated facility drawings on file at the facility.
• Documents modifications, alterations, improvements to the facility via drawings and records on an ongoing basis.
• Reviews and assists maintenance department in developing, maintaining and assuring execution of preventive maintenance program (PM).
• Reviews maintenance records and informs plant management and facilities engineering management of any warranted improvements to the plan.
• Provides engineering inspection of the equipment and systems for their proper use and maintenance.
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred.
• 2+ years of Project Management experience.
• 2+years of experience in design engineering, preferably in waste industry.
• General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines.
• Working knowledge of ACAD, Excel and Microsoft projects.
• Working knowledge of all equipment and systems and processes.
• Understanding of all equipment used at the site, including process instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, material of construction, coating systems, fire detection and controls, material handling and building/structure maintenance.
• Requires color determination.
• Requires standing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching, speaking, listening, tasting or smelling.
, Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company