The role of Plant General Manager (PGM) is responsible for leading the Contract Packaging & Blending facility in Metairie, LA and reports to the Vice President of Blending and Manufacturing. The PGM leads a team of 50-70 employees and is directly responsible for the management and oversight of a blending and manufacturing. The PGM promotes a strong culture of employee engagement and uses their excellent interpersonal skills to engage with the workforce in problem solving.
This leader is directly accountable for ensuring that plant employees are uncompromising in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, quality and productivity and utilizes their collaborative leadership style to drive continuous improvement efforts and drive operational excellence.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Be a highly visible leader, consistently building and developing productive staff relationships;
- Build and implement a vision for the site that excites and motivates the team and drives employee engagement;
- Develop continuous improvement plans, working with team members to conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions as necessary to advance the plant’s performance. Deliver best-in-class operational performance by engaging the team to drive process standardization and best practice sharing;
- Ensure that all Environmental Compliance requirements are met;
- Train, motivate and develop plant personnel;
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping (cGMPs & 5S) at all times, ensuring the facility is always tour ready;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining the targeted OTIF for outbound shipments;
- Understand and execute the blending and packaging manufacturing strategy while developing and executing capital plans;
- Understand the ISO 9000 Quality Standard and ensure that all aspects of the standard are addressed and met within the site Quality Management System;
- Provide hands on leadership and management of the blending and packaging operations, while optimizing production costs and maintaining product quality;
- Monitor manufacturing progress against targets and objectives and provides summary reports of project status, key performance indicators and operations status;
- Provide leadership to site inventory management and distribution activities;
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Planning, Demand, Technical, Quality, Sales and Marketing to commercialize new products;
- Conduct appropriate performance evaluations;
- Deliver the P&L (OPEX & EBITDA).
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or similarly combined education/work experience;
- MBA is an asset;
- 5+ years’ in manufacturing plant operations in roles of increasing responsibility;
- 3+ years’ experience in plant management as Plant Manager or as an Operations/Production Manager;
- Management experience in a Contract Packaging & Blending facility strongly preferred;
- Previous experience handling oil and/or chemicals is preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership in the area of safety;
- Has a passion for plant operations and understands the dynamics of working effectively in a close-knit environment;
- Demonstrated experience and passion for people engagement, developing employees and change management;
- Demonstrated values of integrity, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration, accountability and performance;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A strong understanding of supply chain principles, production planning, scheduling, engineering, maintenance, management accounting, and project management;
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000:2008 Standard;
- Strong PC & software skills in Microsoft Office applications and experience with ERP software.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *SK #LI-SE1