The Business Development Manager - Environmental Services, known internally as the Account Manager, is a HUNTER role responsible for initiating sales to important accounts in the region; this role is specifically focused on opening a net new account or growing underpenetrated accounts. Environmental industry experience is required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Promote revenue and margin growth with new or underpenetrated customers; prospect new customers; develop new business with 100-200 new or underpenetrated customers per year; sell products and services to clients; negotiate and draft contracts; own sales budget for accounts under responsibility; monitor progress in sales and P&L goals; work in tandem with other salespeople to increase cross-sell; hand accounts over to AMs once relationship is developed
- Ensure customer satisfaction; interact with operations and customer service to deliver exceptional service to clients; handle disputes and conflicts and troubleshoot with clients; deliver effective contract and relationship management; lead contract management and collection of invoiced revenue from customers; document necessary customer information and interaction; uphold and role-model corporate value
- Implement Sales Plan. Obtain signed standard service agreements for new corporate account business.
- Customer Sales Support. Promote communication and coordination between sales, operations, customer service and customers. Develop and maintain corporate level communication with corporate accounts.
- Manage Profitability. Obtain a minimum yearly goal in new business accounts. Meet quarterly and annual revenues objectives. Meet or exceed the threshold for the established minimum number of sales call per week.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s preferred;
- 5+ years relevant experience; sales experience required;
- Environmental industry experience is required;
- Experience using a CRM tool, Salesforce preferred;
- Ability to give direction and coaching on how to develop and execute account plans; prioritize accounts based on key factors;
- Ability to use sophisticated numerical analyses to drive decision making;
- Industry and company knowledge, selling and negotiation, relationship building;
- Communication, accountability for completing job responsibilities/objectives; lead sub-groups;
- Ability to travel 25+%