Location: Monaca, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2022
Category: Chemist & Chemist Management
Job ID: 117956
HPC-Industrial in Monaca, PA is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The InSite Technician is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling of hazardous materials on a customer site.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed.
• Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required.
• Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
• Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
• Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed.
• Attend all compliance and safety update meetings.
• Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance.
• Operate fork lift in a safe manner.
• Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles.
• Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary.
• Assist with all Clean Harbors activities on site as needed.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1+ years of related work experience.
• 40 Hour OSHA, DOT and Forklift Training.
• Grade 4 Industrial Wastewater License preferred.
• Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks.
• Proficiency in Windows based applications preferred.
• Ability to interface with customers.
• Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI employment, includes:
• No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
• No preventable accidents in the past year
• No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
• No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
• No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
• Requires frequent standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, reaching, grasping, stooping, crouching, climbing, speaking, listening, sitting, and walking.
• Requires the manual lifting of up to 80 pounds.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.