Clean Harbors located in Hopewell, VA is looking for a Field Service Project Supervisor to join their safety conscious team! You will work directly with the team to ensure all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and job requirements inclusive of budget and schedule. Work schedule is M-F with some weekends and nights and working on-call. This role requires 50% overnight travel to the following locations, VA, NC, and SC.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always.
- Enforce the policies and procedures as they relate to Health & Safety as measured by the districts health and safety record; Work closely with the Director of Health and Safety and VP of Site Services in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Meet with customers as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and to resolve any pending complaints or issues.
- Participate in joint calls with specialists as needed and maintain a professional image when dealing with customers.
- Maintain up to date confined space supervisor and emergency response supervisor certifications
- Manage large scale field service and emergency response projects when directed.
- Understand and work with the Coordinator in the communication of manpower, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects.
- Act as the on-call coordinator on an as needed basis.
- Oversee projects for Health and Safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism
- Health and safety issues surrounding projects assigned, including reviewing operational procedures to assure correct health and safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health and safety organization regarding onsite specific action.
- Respond immediately when on-call or secure proper coverage and communicate replacement name to supervisor/manager.
- Enforce and ensure OSHA, EPA and H&S standards or regulations are complaint.
- Timely reporting of work-related accidents or incidents to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years’ experience in environmental field service operations.
- 1+ years supervisory experience preferred.
- Emergency response supervisor training and Marine Spill Response training preferred.
- Knowledge of scoping and pricing field service work.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer management, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Ideal candidate will have OSHA Certification
- Must have a valid drivers license
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.