Our Hazmat Field Laborers are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with tank cleaning, high pressure water blasting, emergency response clean-up, hazardous waste clean-up and the handling of hazardous materials. This position also entails overnight traveling up to 15% to other locations within California.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Performing non-emergency and emergency response activities that deal with biological, chemical and etiological materials
- Performing labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the day
- Working in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights
- Operating light and heavy equipment including skid steers, forklifts, oil spill booms and vacuum equipment
- MUST be able to pass DISA background check
- Random drug tests performed for clearance to work on customer projects / job sites
- HazMat and Non-HazMat emergency response clean up
- General labor position – this role is physically demanding
- Location operates 24 hours / day, 7 days / week
- Usually works Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. start time
- This role DOES NOT HAVE A SET SCHEDULE
- Must be able work additional hours that will include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Will be “on call” for after hours work twice monthly for one-week duration
- 10% to 15% overnight travel
- Any other duties as assigned by management
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 6 or more months of construction or general labor experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work on a rotating on-call basis
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH#LI-AW1