Clean Harbors Canada is looking forward to welcoming a Regional Health & Safety Manager to our safety conscious team! The Regional Health & Safety Manager provides comprehensive safety and health direction and support to field service operations in their assigned area. This includes providing guidance and direction to management, operational and Health & Safety personnel on implementing Health and Safety Programs and promoting continuous safety improvement.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Lead and manage Health & Safety Representative(s), other Health & Safety professionals
- Key Canada Senior Business Partner to key Business Line Executives & Operational Leaders
- Advise on OHS technical matters and applicable requirements
- Plan, coordinate and enable Safety support for seasonal turn-around needs.
- Recruitment of Turnaround Safety Personnel.
- Partner and influence stakeholders throughout the region…drive our Live It 3-6-5 safety culture
- Champion and lead Canada-wide initiatives as required
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures. Conducts periodic health and safety field/site surveys.
- Assist in program development and continuous improvement.
- Share best practices and opportunities with Operational and Health and Safety leadership.
- Support Operations, Safety Meetings, Health & Safety Committee(s) and other teams
- Advise and represent Company as required
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Occupational Health & Safety or related/equivalent diploma/degree (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred)
- 8+ years of progressive Health & Safety management responsibilities
- 5+ years proven people leadership/managing direct reports experience a must
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and Provincial health and safety regulations
- Seasoned in applicable OHS requirements, best practices and leading approaches
- Industrial cleaning, waste, hydrovac services, route-based and/or other field services experience
- Oil & Gas, Petro-Chemical, Specialty and other plant turn-around support services experience
- Track record of thriving in multi-business line support, multi-jurisdictional, matrixed and complex North American/multi-national environments
- Related Professional Certification will be an asset (e.g. CRSP, CSP, ROH, CIH etc)
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (English & French) skills will be an asset
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to travel 25%-50% (~25% will be overnight travel and the rest will be day travel)
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.