Clean Harbors in Eagan, MN is looking for an Environmental Services Sales Specialist. The Environmental Services Sales Specialist (known internally as the Field Service Specialist) is responsible to grow new accounts and expand and/or maintain existing accounts for the assigned specified book of business. Other responsibilities may include scoping projects, providing client support, and occasionally preparing proposals/cost estimates. Environmental Projects include remediation, emergency response services, scheduled maintenance and other field services.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support.
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Set-up projects; coordinate resources and scheduling; ensure proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment.
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Manage large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed.
- Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses.
- Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism.
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?:
- High School diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, disposal, etc.) preferred
Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work preferred
- Knowledge of area customers/ current book of business preferred
- Maintain ability to work with little or no supervision. Maintain ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain professional appearance. Must have excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Maintain knowledge of State & Federal Waste Codes Regulations.
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Proficiency in Sales Force or CRM strongly preferred
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.