Location: Smithfield, KY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2022
Category: Plant & Facilities Management
Job ID: 117445
The Facility Operations Manager I is responsible for management of all plant operations such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations. Plant Operations Managers act as second in command in the absence of the General Manager.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Perform multiple site specific plant operations such as, drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations, truck offloading/loading in compliance with DOT segregation requirements, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, Shredder operations, Inventory and Waste Tracking scanning application, and Proper warehousing requirements.
• Oversee and manage multiple areas and shifts within the facility.
• Supervise and develops multiple Operations Supervisors, Plant Foremen and plant operations.
• Ensure proper waste routing and management according to specified efficiencies.
• Work in conjunction with the General Manager on personnel functions including, but not limited to hiring, terminating, development, etc.
• Work closely with the General Manager to continue to develop and enhance the facilities throughput and operation.
• Analyze and reviews profitability of facility in conjunction with the General Manager.
• Ensure that employees follow and maintain all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures. Holds employees accountable.
• Ensure, understand and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards.
• Develop daily production goals for multiple groups and ensures execution.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
• Review all applicable SOP’s and scores satisfactorily on quizzes.
• Understand and drive Clean Compliance standard.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. BS in Chemistry or related science preferred.
• 6+ years of plant operations experience.
• 4+ years of plant supervision experience.
• Leadership and management skills.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Proficiency in multiple site specific plant operations.
• DOT training.
• Knowledge of CHI systems.
• Requires color determination.
• Requires standing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching, speaking, listening, or smelling.
• Respirator Fit test.
• Requires sitting, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, crawling, near vision acuity.
• Fit test.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.