Our team in Corunna, ON is hiring a Operations Manager for their Thermal Desorption Unit. The Operations Manager reports directly to the General Manager and supervises the shift operations of the Thermal Desorption Unit (TDU).
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Manages all shifts and operations associated with daily and weekly production of the thermal treatment unit;
- Operates the unit with chemical input from the Laboratory Manager with details outlining feed parameters;
- Operates the unit within compliance to Certificate of Approval and MOE criteria;
- Trains, develops, and oversees all shift operation;
- Performs all personnel functions for the operating staff, including but not limited to hiring, terminating, performance appraisals, ect;
- Assures unit has daily maintenance duties performed and communicates any problems or issues with the unit immediately upon discovery;
- Works in conjunction with the Facility Engineer and General Manager to plan maintenance outages and forecasting;
- Assures unit is never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is inconsistent with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating procedures;
- Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation;
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment;
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management;
- Improve process KPI’s via continuous improvement efforts.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with 3+ years of experience in operations environment OR 5-10 years experience in an operations environment (could be in lieu of formal education);
- 3-5 Years of management/supervision experience;
- Ability to work on a team;
- Knowledge of pumps, feed systems, and automatic controls;
- Knowledge of maintenance and processing concepts;
- Demonstrates operations technical expertise;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Knowledge of operating PLC systems;
- Able to perform multiple tasks;
- This role does require standing, pulling/pushing, carrying, reaching, crouching, speaking, listening, smelling, occasional sitting, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, and crawling.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company