HPC Industrial is looking for a Tank Cleaning Technician to join their safety conscious team! The Tank Cleaning Technician is responsible for the safe and proper execution of cleaning a wide array of boat tanks, barge tanks, and slab work.
About HPC Industrial
HPC Industrial formerly HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Responsible for safety policies and procedures of both the company and the customer, including hands-on information regarding operations, safety, equipment, and emergency response.
- Hands-on fire hose washing, pressure washing, scrubbing, chemical washing and shoveling inside confined spaces.
- Climbing of stairs and ladders, bending, squatting, standing for extended periods, kneeling, lifting of 50 pounds or more.
- Will be required to wear repiratory protection (clean shaven), chemical suits, fall protection as well as other personal protective equipment items.
- Operation of cleaning equipment, such as diaphragm pumps, air compressors, pressure washers, wash down pumps, hydraulic units and pumps.
- Cleaning tanks to customers needs by remove drilling mud, completion fluids, crude oil and other products used in the oil and gas exploration and production process.Inspection, cleaning and maintaining of all equipment required to perform assigned tasks including but not limited to Crew trucks, Pumps, Hoses, Fittings, compressors, hydraulic units, safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Perform routine housekeeping on company facilities and living quarters .
- Living quarters rovided for non local employees.
- 14 and 7 work schedule (14 days on 7 days off)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, barge, onshore/offshore, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
- Valid driver license and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Must have and maintain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent experience.
HPC Industrial and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.