Clean Harbors is seeking a Director of Supply Planning and Inventory Management. The Director of Supply Planning and Inventory Management, reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, will lead the Supply Planning team and will work cross-functionally to facilitate inventory management support for the organization.
The mission of our Planning organization is to deliver the most accurate inventory levels and allocation plans to ensure every customer receives the product they want, when and where they want it. In order to achieve this, our team develops and uses planning tools and optimization models so we can provide the organization with the necessary material and supplies to meet our customer demand at the lowest cost to the organization.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage supply chain planning, inventory systems, and supply chain analytics for the organization, consisting of a core local team and offshore support team;
- Responsible for a team of supply planners who are responsible for planning and optimizing inventory replenishment for all products and materials for our distribution centers and branch locations;
- Maintain and optimize proper stocking levels through Min/Max auto-replenishment for 20 distribution centers and 250+ branch locations;
- Develop, maintain, and improve KPIs reviewed by the executive team to ensure optimal Supply Chain execution that the Supply Chain is functioning optimally;
- Drive continuous optimization of the supply chain network to improve stocking levels and turns at our distribution centers and branches, reduce total landed cost, and drive down excess inventory;
- Plan, lead, and implement ad-hoc and long-term projects to improve the supply chain or to resolve any unforeseen/urgent issues;
- Drive corporate initiatives to better service customers and reduce overall company spend, working cross functionally with field ops, finance, procurement, route planning, transportation, marketing, pricing, and product lifecycle;
- Deep dive into on-time delivery performance to identify shortfalls and opportunities and provide solutions to bottlenecks by negotiating across demand and supply owners;
- Lead the rollout of new inventory systems, enhancements, and process changes to both the internal supply chain team and to our Distribution Centers and Branches;
- Prepare and present game plans and presentations for various levels of management, coordinating with the field and providing business intelligence for the executive team.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or related field preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, S&OP, Capacity Planning or similar field;
- 3+ years SQL, Excel, and database management;
- Team Building and Leadership Experience;
- Strong SQL ability and understanding of relational databases and table structures;
- Proven, successful track record of navigating through ambiguous situations;
- Proven, successful track record of earning trust and influencing across the organization and leading others cross-functionally to deliver on projects and goals;
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.