Our team is hiring a District Manager – Daylighting/Hydro-Excavation to join our team in the Sherwood Park office. This position is responsible for managing and provides direction to its assigned branch leadership team and personnel. The District Manager develops and implements the growth strategy for each location within Canada. This role also staffs, mentors and develops new talent for the Leadership team and specialized personnel within this line of business.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead, innovate, coach and mentor with overall responsibility for the profitability, growth and management of multiple business units and/or a region. Foster and create optimal strategies and conditions to facilitate strong individual and team performance.
- Work closely with Sales team to ensure customer requirements can be met from proposal to field deployment
- Ensure efficient administration of contracts and ongoing customer and employee satisfaction by streamlining processes and removing barriers; being responsible for customer service and customer relationships to promote growth; partnering with internal departments and other stakeholders (i.e. Purchasing, Logistics, Finance, etc.) as required.
- Increase revenue and profitability by leveraging business opportunities to grow revenue; foster a winning culture; ensure business strategies are translated into actionable plans and that team members are engaged and achieving or exceeding results. promote communication and coordination between Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Customers.
- Develop and manage regional budgets and business plans that align with corporate targets and goals. Establish targets and goals for branches and ensures budgets and business plans are established and managed.
- Direct and optimize the utilization of personnel, equipment, tools and inventory to fulfil customer commitments and contracts. Actively manage maintenance, inventory, tools and equipment to ensure availability as/when required.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years of industrial based background with a strong focus in hydro-excavation and daylighting services;
- 5+ years industry leadership experience in managing multi-site remote teams;
- Previous Union and/or Labour Relations experience required;
- Strong business acumen; credible leader; able to effectively lead and manage a multi-site environment;
- Budgeting and financial management skills; P&L management experience preferred;
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Proficiency with Windows based applications and the ability to use or become proficient with other enterprise software applications.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.