Our Deer Trail, CO branch is currently seeking a Lab Chemist II who would be responsible for the analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties. We are looking for a flexible individual who can keep up in a fast paced environment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform analysis and esure systems are adequate to provide reliable data on routine and non-routine samples;
- Perform tank analysis to verify product specification;
- Validate and interpret data and correct identified anomalies;
- Calibrates and utilizes sophisticated instrumentation, able to understand all aspects of the instrumentation;
- Responsible for problem solving when results fall outside of mandated specifications or are otherwise suspect;
- Ensures and follows procedures (i.e. analytical, safety, quality) and completes all required paperwork;
- Extensive troubleshooting of instrumentation;
- Follow up with vendors when needed;
- Able to implement robust preventative maintenance on instrumentation;
- Develop procedures for analytical, safety and quality;
- Stay up to date and communicate any changes;
- Housekeeping and waste disposal;
- Prepare solutions and standards required for all analysis;
- Interpret statistical data and determine appropriate actions;
- Able to perform training of new employees or re-training of current employees;
- Responsible for overseeing the adequate inventory and ordering of chemicals and supplies;
- Good organization skills, decisiveness and initiative;
- Any tasks assigned at the discretion of Management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science required;
- Ability to work night shift;
- Experience in a laboratory setting required;
- Experience with various instruments (ICP and GC) is preferred;
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.