Location: Norwell, MA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2022
Job ID: 116671
|Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.|
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
Clean Harbors is seeking a Field Inspector oversees and documents emergency response events or other remedial measures performed by the Service Centers and/or Remedial Technologies, collects soil and groundwater samples and site data, and prepares response reports..
• Accurately and completely documents response actions
• Meet QA/QC requirements for soil and groundwater sampling
• Meet DEP deadlines for MCP submittals
• Administer Projects
• Provide on-call emergency coverage on assigned weekends
• Performs other assignments as assigned by management
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related degree
• 2+ years related work experience
• Basic PC skills for preparing documents
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Familiarity with scientific procedures and methodology
• Familiarity with field operations procedures
• Good drafting and organizational skills
• Meet OSHA training requirements
• Understand and follow regulatory statutes
• Clean driving record, for the purposes of CHESI, includes:
o No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
o No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
o No preventable accidents in the past year
o No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
o No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc
• Requires acuity, speaking and listening
• Requires standing, grasping and reaching
• Requires walking, stooping and crouching
• Require lifting, pulling and/or pushing or carrying
• Ability to work in Level C (i.e. with a full face respirator)
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.