Location: Deer Park, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2022
Category: Operations Supervisors
Job ID: 112492
Vapor Control Management (VCM) Field Supervisor Job Description
VCM Supervise manages a crew in a single service line to complete jobs at the client's site in accordance with client and business requirements, HPC Industrial polices, practices and procedures. VCM Field Supervisors have the potential to travel up to 70% percent of the time as we are primarily a project-based organization.
Vapor control operators operate thermal oxidizers, vapor combustors, and carbon vapor control systems. Successful operators are team oriented, and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain vapor control equipment.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instructs, provides feedback, directs and assists crew in performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with client requirements and HPC Industrial policies, practices and procedures. Enforces HCP Industrial employee policies and may remove employee from job when required. Assists Project Managers with the creation and delivery of employee performance reviews.
• Schedules job and crews.
• Dispatches crews based on calls received on nights and weekends.
• Acts as manager in Manager's absence when required
• Reads work order and ensures all required equipment is available and operation prior to job.
• Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job. Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client's requirements.
• Informs client as required job status and client requirements.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment when required.
• Completes all appropriate paperwork including service receipts and submits to designated management.
• Trains Technicians and Operators on-the-job in equipment operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork.
• Operates all necessary equipment in service line (thermal oxidizers, scrubber systems, etc.) in accordance with operation training and safety procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports crew and communicates with management and client contacts while on site
• Types of equipment: Vapor Control
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
• Quality of work and the quality of work performed by their crew
• Knowledge of Service Line
• High school diploma
• Knowledge of Vapor Control Equipment
ESSENTIAL JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• 2 year experience of verifiable experience as an Operator or equivalent
• Meets all minimum requirements of Operator classification.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to conform to work hours
• Operational knowledge of tools, equipment and tasks in job processes
• Ability to complete all paperwork required.
• Outdoors - refineries, power stations, etc
• On Call 24/7