HPC-Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors, San Ardo, CA is looking for a Equipment Operator II to join their safety conscious team! The heavy equipment operator is repsonsible for the safe operation of heavy earth moving equipment to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and to push trees and rocks from land preparatory to constructing roads and buildings to remediate soil or other operations in accordance with HPC company policies, practices and procedures.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Readies equipment for use by connecting hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft.
- May operate and maintain heavy equipment including backhoe, track hoe and/or bulldozer.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver equipment and raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Drives equipment in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment.
- May assist in assembling and loading project supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes standard health and safety procedures and techniques in performing duties.
- Becomes familiar with and follows rules established for operating on a hazardous waste site.
- Performs duties according to department's standard operating procedures.
- Complete company paperwork properly and timely (timesheets, daily logs pre-trip and post-trip inspection forms, etc.)
- Must travel extensively (80% or more)
- Required to accept job assignments.
- Will perform extensive manual labor (hand shoveling, carrying equipment, etc.)
- Drives truck and/or equipment to destination.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Inspects truck and trailer equipment and supplies such as tires lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
- Secures loaded material for transportation.
- Drives truck to destination and may assist in assembling and loading project supplies, equipment, product, or waste/fill materials.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations. Is required to be familiar with shipping papers and be able to determine that they are completed properly.
- Complete company paperwork properly and timely (timesheets, daily logs, pre-trip and post-trip inspection forms etc.)
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Performs other duties as required
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel up to 30% for work.
- Less than 5 years experience using equipment
- Experience with Dozer, Backhoe, Trackhoe, Skidsteer, and 6-12yd Dump Truck
- 2 or more years driving experience
- Ability to operator a 4cyd front end loader if asked upon
- · May have to provide Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
“2022 Top Company For Women To Work For in Transportation”