Clean Harbors in North Amityville, NY is looking for an Operations Support Specialist to join their safety conscious team! The Environmental Services Project Specialist (known internally as a Field Service Specialist) is responsible for supporting and enhancing customer service and satisfaction in conjunction with the Account Manager. This individual scopes projects, provides client support, and prepares proposals/cost estimates. Environmental Projects include tank cleaning, remediation, demolition, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations and emergency response services.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support.
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Set-up projects; coordinate resources and scheduling; ensure proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment.
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
- Manage large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed.
- Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses.
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism.
- Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management.
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline-oriented environment
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
- Requires lifting up to 40lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to raccestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.