Location: Pittsburg, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2022
Category: Operations Supervisors
Job ID: 116342
HPC-Industrial, Powered by Clean Harbors is looking for a Equipment Operator I to join their safety conscious team! Implements and oversees environmental permitting and compliance programs for the company. Ensures federal, state, and local environmental regulations are met. Ensures that a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment is provided in compliance with client and HPC-Industrial policies and procedures.
HPC Industrial, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
Environmental Technicians perform a wide range of tasks, including:
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Organize crews, delegate job responsibilities, and verify that the appropriate equipment is available and on-site to complete the project/job
• Work with the dispatchers in the allocation of manpower, equipment, and other resources needed for the next day.
• Communicate with the Field Service Specialist to ensure contractual obligations are met, including preparing and submitting project progression status reports and ensuring change orders are completed, communicated, and executed before any additional work is performed.
• Work in an on-call status and respond quickly and immediately to requests, and secure coverage for assigned shift, including communicating your replacement's name to the coordinator.
• Accurate completion and submission of periodic work sheets for proper billing to customer • Responsible for health and safety issues on assigned projects/jobs.
• Train and mentor field technicians and to provide input to the field service general management regarding performance evaluations for individuals to whom this position has direct supervision.
• Maintain assigned Company equipment and vehicles in good working order and appearance.
• Report work-related accidents and incidents to supervision in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledgeable and able to perform excavations, chemicals and background
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions
• H2S and First Aid Level C
• Commercial Driver license Class 1. Must have a clean driving record
• Understand the manpower and equipment requirements that are required to complete assignments
• Knowledgeable and able to perform excavations
• Leadership, supervisory and mentoring skills
• Attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks
• Able to travel, work weekends, and be on call
• Strong mechanical ability
• Requires constant standing, lifting, pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching; Ability to walk up 3 flights on stairs Requires climbing, speaking, listening, and acuity
• Requires the need to determine color and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses)
• May be required to sit for extended periods of time
• Able to travel, work weekends, and be on call Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
HPC-Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC-Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.