Clean Harbors is seeking a CDL B Route Driver to join our Safety conscious team in San Diego, CA.
This role will drive a Class B Box Truck to pick up inventory that is damaged or expired at retail locations and transport them to a Clean Harbors/Safety-Kleen facility for disposal.
In this role you will also be working directly with customers each day and using a laptop, handheld, iPhone and a printer multiple times during the, excellent computer and customer service skills are a must!
**$5,000 Sign-on Bonus available for those who meet CDL requirements **
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive base hourly with weekly overtime opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- We are the industry leader providing best-in-class solutions for environmental, retail, energy and industrial services in North America
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Load, pack and segregate materials and waste products
- Driving a Box Truck, visiting retail customer sites
- Segregating, packing and loading materials and waste products (inventory that is damaged or expired) for safe transportation
- Interacting with customers at each stop
- Prepare DOT shipping documents
- Use of a laptop, printer, handheld, and iPhone to complete tasks
- Conduct projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans as well as Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc., policies and procedures
- Overnight travel required - minimal
- Requires Class A or B CDL
- Retail Driver will have a Retail Technician in the field with them
- Uses laptop at customer site for data entry and printing labels
- Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays
- 5:00 a.m. start
- Will work 8 to 14 hours daily
- Load and unload trucks
- Paid overtime after 8 hours in the workday
- Hazmat endorsement required
- Other duties as assigned by management
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class A or B CDL is required
- Candidates with a current Hazmat endorsement will be given preference
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Hazmat endorsement required
- Previous Manual Labor experience strongly preferred
- The ability to use a laptop, handheld, printer and iPhone are required
- Clean driving record
- Good communication and organizational skills
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.