Clean Harbors located in Norwell, MA is looking for a Collections Manager to join their Collections team. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental and industrial services throughout North America with annual sales exceeding $4 billion. A growing company, we are also the largest re-refiner and recycler of used oil in North America. Everywhere industry meets the environment, we strive to provide eco-friendly products and services that protect and restore North America’s natural environment. One of our primary goals as a company is supporting our customers in providing environmentally responsible solutions to further their sustainability goals in today’s world.
The Company’s Collections team is a group of energetic and hard-working individuals devoted to providing high quality services to internal and external stakeholders. In recent years the team has adopted new technologies in this effort and team members have been provided opportunities to grow their career. We are now looking for talented new members to join our team.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Fast growing company focused on people and technology creating a cleaner safer environment
- Dynamic team-oriented colleagues
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health and other benefits coverage
- Group 401(k) with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Demonstrate excellent customer services skills (both oral and written);
- Effectively manage an accounts receivable portfolio, per team and company directives, with particular attention to customer, industry, service line and economic trending;
- Prepare reports as needed by customers and management;
- Understand contracted terms and conditions, and make necessary referrals/ escalations regarding receivables issues related to contracted terms and conditions as needed;
- Review and reconcile customer accounts as needed;
- Critically review customer credit worthiness and recommend credit holds (recommendations must meet standards for management review);
- Critically review and make recommendations to manager of accounts to be submitted to the legal department (recommendations must meet standards for management review);
- Assist and train collection team members on how to effectively manage various collection obstacles such as customer credit issues, erroneous billings, performance and pricing disputes, and how to properly escalate an issue both inside both our and the customer's organization;
- Ensures productivity of team members and ensures they have been trained in appropriate functions and applications;
- Communicates daily changes and updates to team;
- This senior role could require some occasional travel;
- This senior role requires supervision of other team members, including regular portfolio reviews, and providing feedback and guidance. Uses progressive discipline as needed;
- Partners with Sales, Operations, and other Clean Harbors teams to resolve disputes.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelors Degree preferred;
- 5-7 years commercial collections experience in a larger organization preferred (1+ Billion in Revenue);
- 3-5 years direct leadership experience in credit, collections, accounting, finance, or customer service;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required;
- Excellent customer service skills (both oral and written);
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook;
- Understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Understanding of basic customer procurement principles;
- Basic understanding of complex billing requirements;
- Ability to utilize current internet technology as a research tool
- Ability to professionally address and resolve difficult customer interactions, as well as the ability to develop, foster and maintain customer relationships during the collection process;
- Proven ability to lead others (must have leadership experience);
- Full understanding of team concept with willingness to support and train others;
- Ability to resolve disputes by partnering with Sales, Operations, and other Clean Harbors Teams.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.