HPC-Industrial is looking for an Equipment Technician to join their safety conscious team! The Equipment Technician is an entry level position working with an experienced team responsible for the safe and proper execution of HPC-Industrial jobs across our downstream line.
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Operates Vacuum truck and Hydroblasting Equipment.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Must be able to travel.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Skills and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be 18 years
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience operating Hydroblast/pressure washing/sand blasting a plus
- Experience in construction, landscaping or manual labor preferred
- Must be able to pass background and drug test
- Must be able to lift 50Ibs
HPC-Industrial and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC-Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.