Our Newark, CA location is currently seeking a Refinery Operator to staff our reopening refinery. The Refinery Operators are responsible for tank re-refinery process operations, recording tank gauge readings and for completing tank transfers and other associated paperwork along with assisting other team members when required.
This position is a Union opportunity. This location will require flexibility in schedule as we will likely operate 12-hour shifts with a rotating day off schedule, switching between nights and days.
Why work for Safety Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Comprehensive health benefits available;
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training;
- Competitive hourly wages with opportunity for overtime;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Samples process streams and assists with tank farm operations;
- Gauges all process tanks every hour;
- Completes tank transfers to control inventory;
- Obtains routine process samples to verify product quality;
- Switches and changes process filters;
- Assists other operators;
- Completes housekeeping tasks within the refinery;
- Loads and unloads tanks.
What does it take to work for Safety Kleen?
- Previous experience working in a labor-intensive role is required;
- Previous production /manufacturing experience is preferred;
- Previous years of refinery operations experience is an asset;
- Previous forklift experience is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.