Our Warehouse Material Handler / Truck to Truck Technician is a physically intensive role where employees are responsible for assisting with day-to-day planning of waste transfers from truck to facility as well as loading and offloading of hazardous materials.
Hours: First Shift: Monday to Friday with Saturdays as needed.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Day-to-day planning, transfer coordination and execution of proper paperwork for drum and containerized waste management;
- Monitors and ensures that all key deadlines are met and proper follow-up is implemented to insure appropriate drum transfer compliance requirements;
- Follows proper DOT procedures for loading and offloading of trucks on a daily basis;
- Monitors the weight limits of the vans that are being loaded;
- Ensures proper load securement;
- Moves chemicals in drums, containers, totes or cylinders into to the warehouse via forklift and palletizes;
- Correctly prepares the chemicals for shipment, manages the shipping papers and determines compliance and compatibility of chemicals;
- Identifies and resolves manifest issues;
- Communicates to management any issues related to compliance, DOT or other issues that could impact the business and compliance.
- Previous experience handling hazardous waste and/or chemicals;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Forklift certification preferred;
- Previous warehouse experience an asset;
- Basic computer skills;
- 40 hour OSHA training preferred.
Clean Harbors has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint.
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.