As a Vehicle Diesel Mechanic in Carson, California, you’ll be part of a team that ensures the safety of Clean Harbors’ diverse fleet of company vehicles, including Class 6, 7 and 8 trucks, light-duty vehicles, and a variety of trailers and heavy equipment. Work schedule is Monday thru Friday from 6 am - 3 pm.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly wages and over time opportunity available as needed;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for personal growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the #1 priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performing services and repairs from basic preventative maintenance inspections and troubleshooting, all the way up to brake work, suspension and drive-line repairs on medium and heavy-duty trucks and trailers;
- Performing DOT, BIT, FMCSA inspections and corresponding repairs;
- Accurately recording time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Moving company equipment safely in yard as needed;
- Performing routine physical labor duties and help keep the workplace clean and safe.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2 years’ experience with heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and specialized equipment preferred;
- Understanding of air brake systems and basic hydraulics;
- Must have own hand tools;
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Basic welding and light fabrication skills is an asset;
- Basic computer skills, ie the ability to enter maintenance data on a work station.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH