Our Safety-Kleen facility in New Berlin, WI is currently seeking an Industrial Powder Coater to join our 1st Shift Manufacturing Team.
What the Position Offers:
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- 1st shift position, working 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Competitive hourly wages starting at $19+ hourly depending on experience
- Overtime paid at time and a half after working 40 hours.
- Paid lunch and break.
- Full benefit package:Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environment.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
The Powder Coater is responsible for prepping, loading, coating, and unloading parts washer and fabricated components utilizing the powder coating line. The individual must produce an eye-pleasing, durable, coated finished product and be able to perform self-inspection of his work. The Powder Coater will help in other areas as time permits. These other areas include, but are not limited to assembly, spot welding, and teardown of field returns.
In this function you will:
- Follow all safety protocols for powder coating disposal, and the safe use of equipment used for coating and cleaning.
- Be responsible for the proper preparation of all surfaces to be coated; this includes bare metal areas and proper sanding, and feather edging of previously painted surfaces.
- Perform industrial powder coat painting processes on production materials in accordance with quality standards.
- Safely load and unload components on an overhead conveyor.
- Determine the correct color for each item being painted.
- Thoroughly clean all painting equipment as required to maintain in proper working order.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Move material as needed to complete responsibilities using material handling equipment.
- Ensure quality criteria are met by reviewing the condition of the parts after coating.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per standards.
- Cross-train and perform duties in other work areas of the manufacturing team.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED (general Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous industrial powder coating experience.
- Must be able to meet all qualifications for wearing a respirator.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Experience with Epoxy-Polyester Hybrid, Polyester, or Urethane Powder Coatings.
- Working knowledge of automatic or manual electrostatically charged powder spray systems.
- Previous working knowledge of other industrial airless and/or air pressure painting.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Capacity to ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority.
- Willingness to keep an organized and clean work environment.
- Capability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel.
- Ability to climb, reach above shoulder level, and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
What you will get from us:
Safety-Kleen, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint.
PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.