The Central Logistics Coordinator is responsible for reducing Clean Harbors outside transportation expense by utilizing low cost vendors and coordinating efficient transportation routing. Coordinators oversee the management of the central logistics winweb systems.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety in the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for timely movement of waste pickups and transportation requests to ensure 100% customer satisfaction;
- Daily communication with field operations including national transportation terminal managers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining logistics schedules. Schedules are to be completed 1 week in advance with the designated TTT, plant or field representatives.
- Coordination or rail / marine shipments and collection all required paperwork
- Daily compliance and real time use of the Winweb System. This includes electronic shipping in the Hub Management systems and or in the Logistics Workbench. Electronic shipping must be real time.
- Purchase order verification through Hub Management systems or through the Logistics Workbench. Ensure the shipping lanes match the negotiated rate and that the vendor has correctly submitted the information through our electronic system.
- Maintenance and payment of the rail and marine invoices.
- Coordination of efficient routing. Responsible for directing the hubs / plants and field operations to properly load and ship in the most cost effective manner.
- Approval of subcontracted transportation and administration / approval of Peoplesoft PO’s.
- Strong customer service performance. Ensure field has all transportation needs covered. Build strong vendor relations.
- Responsible for obtaining subcontracted transportation rates for all business units within Clean Harbors. Communicate rates and schedules in timely fashion to requestor.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 5-7 years’ experience in transportation and hazardous material preferred;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to evaluate data
- Strong problem solving skills
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.