Our Lackawanna, NY location is seeking to add Environmental Services Foreman to their team. The Environmental Services Foreman is responsible for managing crews in the field and ensuring that environmental projects and emergency responses are being completed. This is a hands-on position that will insure the safe and timely completion of various task within budget. Assignments will include both environmental and industrial cleaning projects. Examples are 24-hour emergency spill cleanup, tank and pit cleaning, pressure washing and general site cleanup.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages and weekly overtime opportunities;
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage after 30 days of employment;
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options available!
- Annual boot allowance, as well as all PPE and uniforms provided;
- 401K with company matching component, tuition reimbursement;
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training: OSHA, Confined Space Entry, RCRA, HAZWOPER
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and 100% tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion, for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Oversees projects associated with tank cleaning, plant shut down, spill cleanup and emergency response
- Supervises confined space entries and emergency response operations
- Ensures that the proper inspections and calibrations have been performed on life-monitoring equipment before taking them on-site
- Allocates and verifies that the appropriate equipment is available and on-site to complete the project
- Accurately completes and submits daily work sheets for proper billing to customer
- Ensures all required daily paperwork is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner (i.e.: confined space entry permits, safety audits, etc.)
- Trains and mentors Environmental Technicians
- Manages safety performance and reporting
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in a leadership/crew lead role required
- Minimum 2+ years of Environmental Field, Construction or related field required
- Emergency response experience is preferred
- Confined Space Entry knowledge is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clean 3 years MVR required
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work on a rotating on-call basis
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.careers.cleanharbors.com
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.