HPC-Industrial, Powered by Clean Harbors is looking for a Equipment Operator I to join their safety conscious team! The Operator is repsonsible for the safe operation of quipment to complete single task jobs requiring one crew as well as turnarounds with management oversight at client sites. Successful operators are team oriented, and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain equipment in accordance with appropriate regulations, equipment specifications, and in line HPC company policies, practices, and procedures.
HPC-Industrial, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Operates equipment safely at all times.
- Maintains a current driver’s license as required.
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
- Valid driver’s license as well as other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Must have a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
- Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums
- High School diploma or equivalent
HPC-Industrial, Powered by Clean Harbors and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC-Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.