The Director of Transportation and Logistics is responsible for tanker transportation operations. This includes 5 Transportation General Managers in the US and Canada and oversight of 3rd party transportation spend. The operational function of this position will include utilizing all equipment assigned to the transportation business unit.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in safe manner at all times;
- Manages the consolidated P&L including budgets, forecasting and variance reporting for the assigned fleet. Monitors outside trans spend for assigned equipment types to drive company cost savings through internalization;
- Drives strategic business initiatives to continually manage and improve the business. Develops measurable KPI's. Improves company performance through low cost driver strategies including Owner Operator growth;
- Coaches, leads, develops, mentors and directs General Managers and supporting staff to continually push talent across the organization. Develops employee growth plans to drive engagement and employee success;
- Responsible to support all Clean Harbors business units. Strong adherence to customer service. Utilization of Clean Harbor’s standard pricing systems when required;
- Ensure effective communication up and down within the organization. Supports team by reviewing their needs for success and measuring against established goals. Reports success and improvement ideas up to Sr Managers;
- Understanding of all 40 CFR and the 49 CFR regulations that will impact the business of Transportation. Implements all policies and techniques and industries standards to maintain transportation compliance;
- Monitors the hiring of all CDL qualified Drivers that meet the company’s standards and policies, with the assistance of the HR department. Maintains a full staff large enough to supply services with all assigned equipment at each National Trans location;
- Required to meet or exceed company equipment utilization goals;
- Directly involved in all incident / accident investigations and reporting. Ensure proper follow up, procedure changes to drive continues safety improvement;
- Ensures that all terminals comply with company maintenance policies and adhere to all Federal or State compliance regulations;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years Transportation experience at a manager's level or higher;
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Experience in the environmental industry;
- Operational experience preferred;
- Financial Management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Profit improvement;
- Accuracy of system and report information;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Good organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Very detailed orientated;
- Ability to work with no supervision;
- Proficiency in WIN preferred;
- Knowledgeable in Environmental Industry;
- Requires reaching, standing, walking, stooping and crouching lift pull and/or push or carrying/lifting up to 10 lbs;
- Ability to travel periodically.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.