Clean Harbors U.S. East Region is looking for a Regional Health & Safety Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Regional Health & Safety Manager provides comprehensive safety and health direction and support to Field Service operations in their assigned area. This includes providing guidance and direction to management and various personnel on implementing Health and Safety Programs and promoting continuous safety improvement. This individual will need to live somewhere in the US East Region (the northeastern states south to the Carolinas – NY, NH, VT, MA, RI, NJ,CT, PA, MD, VA, NC, SC
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always
- Oversee and manage Health & Safety Managers.
- Work closely with various managers and other CHI personnel within region to address health and safety issues and drive implementation of CHI Health & Safety programs.
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures.
- Assist in development and review of safety and health programs.
- Identify new health and safety programs needs or changes to existing programs.
- Advise and represent Company during regulatory actions.
- Review and develop work and site plans.
- Conduct on site health and safety audits and inspections to assure adherence to OSHA regulations and proper health and safety practices.
- Attend operations meetings to review health & safety concerns and issues.
- Conduct Safety Meetings on topics designed to promote a better understanding of company policies, programs, procedures or general health and safety.
- Participate as a technical member on Health and Safety Committee, assists in driving completion of meetings.
- Manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs.
- Manage employee safety training programs.
- Respond in timely fashion and provides technical assistance during emergency responses, remedial activities, and during handling of extremely hazardous substances
- Participate in Corporate Health and Safety Program development and implementation.
- Conduct health and safety surveys as assigned, and prepare reports on observations
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Associate degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred
- 5+ years of progressive Health & Safety experience
- Strong understanding of worker’s compensation laws
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and State health and safety regulations
- Ability to travel 50%-70% (the majority will be day travel)
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong PC skills
- Experiencing managing others preferred
- ASP or CSP certification preferred
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.