Our team in Waynoka, OK is looking to add a seasoned Lab Chemist to their team! The Lab Chemist is responsible for the routine and non-routine analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties.
This position is based in a Laboratory setting.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Great work life balance;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs non-routine analysis of samples following prescribed procedures, with the ability to solve minor problems;
- Calibrates and utilizes basic instrumentation, with the understanding of the underlying theories;
- Performing maintenance of equipment and suggests solutions to problems;
- Completes all paperwork associated with the analyses in a neat and timely fashion (ex., calibration logs, run logs, etc.);
- Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines;
- Proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures;
- Maintaining a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health and Safety and Compliance protocols;
- Works under the general direction of more senior members of the laboratory;
- Trains less senior members of the laboratory;
- Performs training and other aspects of Chemical Hygiene Plan as directed by Lab Manager or Supervisor;
- Reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs, annually, and scores a satisfactory score on SOP quizzes;
- Adhere to all applicable CHES policies and CHES SOPs;
- Performs job functions in compliance with the company standard: Clean Compliance;
- Responsible for supply management in their area of responsibility, including proper housekeeping and best management practices;
- Performs analysis of samples following prescribed procedures;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 3+ years’ experience in a laboratory setting required;
- Science Degree preferred but not required;
- Previous leadership or senior lab experience is considered an asset;
- Knowledge in local, state or federal laboratory testing credentials considered an asset;
- Ability and willingness to work afternoon schedule.
- Understanding of math, chemistry, and chemical testing is required.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.