HPC Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, in Lordstown, OH is looking for a Water Treatment (Boiler) Operator! The Operator is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HPC Industrial jobs across all service lines. This includes, but is not limited to, responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site, and ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion. Supervises and completes single task jobs requiring one crew and completes projects with management oversight at client’s site in accordance with client and business requirements and HPC Industrial policies, practices, and procedures.
**Note: High-Pressure Boiler License in the state of Ohio, Required.**
About HPC Industrial
HPC Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and heating and cooling systems
- Use hand or power tools when performing tasks like replacing defective valves, filters or gauges.
- Watch the systems during operation and attend to any additional problems.
- Operate adjust gas fired steam boilers in the CUC building.
- Maintain maximum chiller and boiler efficiency by adjusting, reading and interpreting gauges, indicators and flow meters.
- Observes plant operations through use of electronic or pneumatic controls, pressure gauges, and safety devices.
- Performs the chemical testing and treatment of boiler feed water, chilled water, RO water and cooling tower water.
- Maintains various records and reports relative to plant operations.
- Enter information into computer-based software systems
- Make regular checks of plant equipment and make adjustments, repairs and services equipment as required.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on equipment
- Supervise outside contractors for certain equipment repairs and maintenance activities.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude of equipment and how to properly maintain plant equipment and systems.
- Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions and relay those instructions to other shift personnel on subsequent shifts. Sufficient physical strength, ability, dexterity, vision and hearing to perform all duties of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, other shift personnel and plant personnel.
- Must demonstrate initiative and be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to analyze plant operations and offer suggestions to improve operational efficiency.
- Must be able to perform and evaluate water analysis tests and determine the proper water treatment required for efficient equipment operation.
- Ability to read and interpret all the various instruments in the plant and make equipment adjustments as required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to shoulder level and exhibit the dexterity to work in awkward positions. The ability to lift, pull, push or work on uneven surfaces is required.
- Able to extend arms overhead while performing duties or perform duties while standing, stooping, twisting, bending, kneeling or from a prone position for up to one hour may be required.
- Must ensure plant and equipment is maintained in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Must be willing to work shift work.
Skills and Experience:
- Maintain a State Boiler Operator’s License.
- Waste Water Treatment Operation experience.
- Knowledge of the central heat and power plant and all associated systems.
- Knowledge of plant controls, tools, equipment and proper procedures to maintain the plant and the ability to operate all the equipment and machinery in the CUC building.
- The CUC Operator will be part of a team responsible for operating and maintaining the following systems;
- *Compressed Air System: Four (4) 5,600 SCFM compressors and three (3) 8,000 SCFM desiccant type driers and hydrocarbon filter system.
- *Chilled Water System: Three (3) 2,000-ton chillers and one (1) 1,000-ton chiller and multi-cell mechanical draft cooling tower and distribution pumps.
- *Steam Boiler Systems: Four (4) 40,000 lb/hr fire-tube steam boilers.
- *Purified RO Water System: Two (2) complete 225 GPM permeate capacity membrane trains skid mounted with cartridge filters, cleaning skid, sodium bisulfite, PH adjustment and anti-sealant feed systems.
- *CUC Substations: The substation and associated tie buss within the CUC system low voltage substation.
- HS diploma/GED or equivalent
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong commitment to safety
- State Boiler Operators License, preferred
- High-Pressure Boiler License in the state of Ohio, Required.
HPC Industrial and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.