Location: Hyderabad, TS, India
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2022
Job ID: 114877
About Clean Harbors:
Clean Harbors Inc. (www.cleanharbors.com) is a NYSE listed US based $3.3 billion company. Clean Harbors was founded in 1980 near Boston by Mr. Alan S. McKim, who today remains the company’s Chairman and CEO.
Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. Clean Harbors employs a dedicated workforce of 15,000 employees and has over 450 service locations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Beyond addressing the environmental needs of its more than 300,000 customers, the Company has been on the front lines of addressing some of the largest emergency response events in North America of the past several decades including the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the anthrax attacks in New York, the 2015 avian flu outbreak that devastated the poultry industry, Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Sandy, and the oil pipeline breaks that affected the Yellowstone and Kalamazoo rivers, along with other major chemical releases into the environment.
Clean Harbors India has been strategically established as the Global Capability Center (GCC) to serve our parent company. We take pride in serving some of the most tech savvy business stakeholders at Clean Harbors. The GCC employees form part of our globally integrated teams that provide cutting-edge IT solutions and production support across platforms. Our shared services teams work seamlessly with their global counterparts in providing critical 24x7 support in various functions including Finance, HR, Procurement, IT and Operations. Our aggressive growth plans open significant career advancement opportunities for our employees.
We are operating from Skyview, Hitech City Hyderabad (http://www.theskyview.in/) And Smartworks Baner, Pune. Clean Harbors has substantially invested in the GCC to support its growth plans. The Company is celebrating its 41st year in 2021 and is counting on the GCC to be a part of extending that track record of success.
Job Title: Associate Director [AD]
This is a leadership role to oversee and support Collections process under Order to Cash (O2C) vertical of the finance shared services based out of GCC (Global Capability Center), Hyderabad.
1) Successful career track record and orientation towards people / client / operations management with dynamic leadership and high levels of energy, integrity, and ethical practices.
2) Strong 15-18 years of professional experience in Finance and Accounts (F&A) business / organization / BFS line with main focus on Collections and other O2C operations / shared services center in multinational dynamic environment.
3) Minimum of 10+ years as designated people management experience of managing a span of minimum 75 + people, with multiple teams and O2C functions across business, especially should have worked with multi-cultural environment across USA / UK / AUS/ EU countries…etc.
Process & Stakeholder Management
4) Should have strong acumen of end to end O2C cycle like Customer Master Database, Billing, E-Billing, Collections, Cash application, On Accounts clearing and related internal controls
5) Have hands on experience of working on different O2C verticals and have deep understanding of the challenges in different processes and implemented solutions to resolve/mitigate these challenges in the shared service environment
6) Driven automation and other process improvement initiatives to simply/ standardize the process and improve the efficiency
7) Should have driven collection strategies contributing to the reduction of DSO
8) Monitor and manage the OTC function through the preparation and publication of monthly KPIs, ensuring regular review and initiating process changes to standardize, improve performance and efficiency related to Contracts processing, Revenue Accounting, and Revenue Controllership
9) Collaborates with different levels of management both within GCC and onshore stakeholders and recommends strategies that would help in minimizing the receivables and improving DSO
10) Represent team for the Business Governance Meetings with on-site. Deep understanding of the business to be able to address issues being raised by On-site partners. Play the role of O2C POC at GCC.
11) Stays abreast of industry best practices and implements those that drive efficiency and effectiveness to lift the group to first quartile performance
12) Effectively handle change management of processes as and when required.
13) Conducts performance review meetings with multiple stakeholders across teams and work on action plan when and where applicable. Stakeholder management is an integral responsibility of this role. Identify the pain points and proactively initiate measure to mitigate and address business issues.
14) Conduct periodic performance assessment and provide feedback with respect to Productivity and Quality; retention enhancement and management; career development, coaching and mentoring of associates; succession planning within the unit etc.
15) Provides strategic inputs to next line Managers / Team Leads thru thought leadership and effective decision making and jointly responsible for the GCC processes addressing risks, mitigations, change management procedures to ensure seamless service deliveries of the processes.
16) Provides support, oversight and direction to the GCC processes ensuring adequate staffing, training & development, and optimal operation in accordance with business requirements.
17) Enhances and / or develops, implements, and enforce polices and procedures that will improve the overall operational efficiencies and effectiveness of the GCC through innovation and automation.
18) Must be Quality Oriented (Lean / Six-Sigma qualified would be desirable) with a passion in process improvement and automation with excellent analytical/ problem-solving inclination.
Shift Timings: 05:00 pm -2:00 am IST and willingness to work from office and stretch when business required.