Yard Driver - TX_La Porte
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: La Porte, TX, United States
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022
Job ID: 115016
2ND Shift 2:30-11PM
The Yard Driver will be responsible for the on-premise delivery of containerized hazardous and non-hazardous materials in bins, van, bulk trailers, tanker trucks, and other equipment at the company’s La Porte,TX facility.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner, checking for clearance, balance, and travel requirements to avoid damage, spillage, leakage or any other release of material during transit
- Delivers/picks up bins, van, bulk trailers, tanker trucks, and other equipment that must be driven throughout the facility. Ensures that wheel chalks and jack-stands are in place and operating properly
- Review MSDS or manifests when handling hazardous waste that the Yard Driver has not handled before
- Perform manual tasks such as cleaning up spills when necessary while taking all safety precautions necessary to prevent injury
- Perform and document routine equipment inspections and report any defects that are noted. Maintains a regular check (using inspection checklist) on vehicle to ensure all travel requirements (leading to the safe operation of the vehicle) such as fuel, lubrication, brakes, tire pressure, cooling system, battery, running lights, etc. are properly functioning and in good condition
- Exercise good judgment and proper operating skills required to operate the vehicle within the confines of the facility, positioning trailers/vans at loading dock, and maneuvering vehicle in crowed areas around the facility. Observe and maintain posted speed limits
- Properly placards and stores loaded equipment in accordance with Site specific Permitted storage conditions/requirements
- Understands Clean Compliance Standard
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years related work or industry experience preferred
- Able to work with little if no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work
- Strong mechanical ability
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen Inc. and Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.