HydroChemPSC is looking for a Lead Billing Representative to join their safety conscious team! The Lead Billing Representative reports directly to the Billing Supervisor and is responsible for managing and maintaining the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of monthly billing in accordance with customer specifications and company policies and procedures.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Generate reports including, but not limited to Unbilled, Ready and Not Ready reports from the Win system, manifests and worksheets; Review the data and verifies that correct prices populate the order before posting preview.
- Research customer requests to solve problems/issues and answers questions regarding invoices in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Calculate sales tax and discounts when required.
- Review instructions, profile, and waste class detail to determine if conversions need to be done to get the correct unit measure for the customer.
- Responsible for crosschecking and reconciling scanned worksheets, manifest, weight tickets, billing items and printing of invoices and the corresponding backup documents.
- Interface with sales and customer service frequently in a professional and courteous manner.
- Compute daily billing totals for both invoiced and previewed orders and provides billing statistics upon request for special projects.
- Cross-train in other areas to ensure coverage in the case of illness, vacation, etc.
- Interact with other departments to resolve billing issues and assist in getting jobs set up correctly to avoid future problems.
- Stay current with electronic mailing of invoices to customers; Keep the workbench updated.
- Complete credit/rebills in timely manner.
- Complete and submit any special documents and/or reports that customers may require to accompany or replace invoices.
- Require mandatory overtime during week and weekends during billing close or special projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree required.
- 2+ years billing or related work experience
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- ·Strong math skills and basic accounting knowledge
- Strong PC skill including Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess and utilize problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet dynamic needs and high-volume productivity standards.
- Ability to use independent judgment when reviewing orders and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment. Works with audit team to correct errors and resolve problems.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.