The Senior Accountant is responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and maintaining a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including assisting with financial closings, preparing a variety of reports and records of assets and liabilities, and other financial transactions, balancing books periodically and preparing and reviewing financial statements. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the more complex accounts and tasks which involve experience, judgment and independent decision making.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepare account analyses of month to month and year to year changes;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting documents;
- Prepare analyses of income statement accounts as required;
- Creating, improving, maintaining and updating templates;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries;
- Close the books each month for respective business unit;
- Assist in monthly forecasting and annual budgeting;
- Answers questions from external auditors and provide support as needed;
- Prepare reports as required to meet business needs and help management understand how the company is performing;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Accounting;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications & Accounting information systems;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must;
- Oracle or PeopleSoft experience preferred;
- CPA preferred;
- Good accounting knowledge with ability to apply that knowledge to unusual and complex circumstances;
- Able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities; seeks input and communicates issues to stakeholders;
- Able to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Team player, Problem solver, Analytical and Detail Oriented;
- Sense of customer service skills;
- Ability to manage complex worksheets to support accounting decisions.;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.