Safety-Kleen in is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our plant in Richmond, CA. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing a wide variety of repairs and preventative maintenance on all company units in the Safety-Kleen Blend Plant including pumps, motors, and gearboxes.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available. Day Shift Schedule. Great Culture and Good Team Atmosphere.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Equipment repair on plant equipment;
- Performing preventative maintenance on plant equipment;
- Troubleshooting on rotary equipment such as pumps, compressors gearboxes/reducers, and heat exchangers;
- Experience with PLC’s and control systems, reading electrical schematics, building functioning control panels/systems (electrical);
- Experience with manufacturing mechanical systems including hydraulic systems, low- and-high pressure pumps, open and closed loop piping systems and prepare scope of work for installation of new systems (mechanical);
- Experience plus advanced knowledge and background in, manufacturing equipment and industrial electrical systems;
- Experience installing/replacing industrial motors, VFD, control power.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 5+ years mechanical aptitude preferred;
- 5+ years of maintenance technician preferred;
- Certificate or license in electrical or PLC Controls preferred;
- Previous experience working in a production/ plant environment required;
- Mechanical certifications a plus;
- Electrical trouble shooting experience preferred;
- Knowledge of cutting and welding a plus.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.