Clean Harbors is seeking a Sales Operations Business Partner for one the enterprise’s business segments. This role will report to the Director, Sales Operations and will function as the primary partner and point of contact for one business segment’s sales operations needs. The role is a proactive sales enablement role, a business segment expert, and accountable for coordinating their business segment’s Sales Operations needs. They are the SME of the business and have a high degree of business acumen. They will work closely with sales and business leadership to remove friction in the sales process and drive enablement of the sales systems, tools, and processes across their segment’s team. As a business segment’s partner, the incumbent will intake and manage all requests from the segment from identification to resolution, working with the Sales Operations and other cross-functional team members to ensure the quality, accuracy, and rapid delivery of solutions for the sales team. The incumbent will work closely with the other Sales Operations Business Partners representing other business segments to maximize synergies and enterprise standardization within our systems, tools, and processes.
The ideal candidate should be a natural leader, a hands-on team player, and be able to support our sales teams on all strategic and tactical matters. They have a passion for data integrity, sales excellence, process adherence and, have the confidence and positive attitude to make a difference. They are a trusted advisor and critical partner to their business and a strategic leader and business SME within the Sales Operations organization. The successful candidate will be able to seamlessly shift between strategy and execution, while rolling up their sleeves to respond quickly and with a sense of urgency.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Primary business partner and SME (subject matter expert) for the business segment
- Provides insight to enable and execute the sales strategy, structure, processes, and measurements to drive predictable business results
- Coordinates other Sales Ops functions to deliver against the business segment’s goals. Prioritize and clarify asks from their business segment
- Training liaison for their business; identifies coaching needs related to sales systems, processes, and tools
- Coordinates on-boarding, and off-boarding activities related to systems, processes, and tools for their business segment’s sales teams
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions based on rigorous analysis in a timely manner translating those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and to complete assignments under aggressive time constraints for the business
- Provide insights on KPIs and analytics requests that are relevant to the business and drive deeper conversations that unlock sales performance
- Lead annual budgeting process for their segment and drive adherence to deadlines
- Manage operational processes and inflow of requests to the Sales Operations team, ensure compliance to SOPs
- Provide support to Sales leadership in the business segment, drive adoption and utilization in systems, tools, and workflows
- Maintain and monitor sales programs for the business segment; regularly provide reporting and insights on programs and make recommendations on improvements and adjustments that deliver greater predictability in the business
- Act as the strategic thought partner to sales leadership in the business segment and the sales operations team; identify ways to maximize utilization of systems and tools and reduce friction within tools that does not align to business performance
- Utilize centralized resources within Sales Operations team to accomplish goals quickly; provide feedback and coaching to other team members as a leader within the organization
- Attend segment/regional sales management meetings on a regular basis to provide updates on relevant Sales Operations initiatives and developments; be the line of communication to the business to prevent surprises and increase organizational awareness and trust
- Resolve issues proactively for the business segment within Sales Ops systems, tools, and processes. Think strategically and act practically to ensure sustainability and usability of systems
- Business Partnership & Sales Enablement: Function as the primary sales operations business partner to the business’s SVP of Sales, Sales Managers, and field sales team. Reduce friction in the sales process through the identification and improvement of sales operations systems, tools, and processes. Lead sales operations activities and processes for the business segment, including annual budgeting, weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual metrics reviews as an unbiased partner. Function as the singular point of contact into Sales Operations for the business segment with deep knowledge and the business and relationships with the sales and leadership teams. Deliver effective training of sales systems, tools, and processes to the field sales team for onboarding, ongoing improvements and enhancements, and offboarding. Drive adherence in the business to Sales Operations policies and procedures that are standardized across the enterprise.
- Sales Operations Coordination: Clarify and drive priorities to the various Sales Operations domains for the business segment. Reinforce a collaborative work culture through hands-on engagement and problem-solving with all team members. Prioritize the business’s competing requests and prevent workarounds from the sales team members.
- Process Compliance and Stability: Work closely with other Sales Operations Business Partners to identify areas where synergies and standardization can be scaled. Proactively work to minimize bespoke systems and workflows for the business by seeking out and challenging the status quo to find common ground across needs. Ensure the business complies with processes and workflows to reduce noise and technical debt in systems, tools, and processes owned by Sales Operations.
- Proven leadership through influence capabilities; developing high trust through transparent communication and coalition building
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to explore and identify problems and synthesize requests to tactical doers on the team
- Strong organization and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize urgent requests and remain calm and cool under pressure
- High level of detail orientation
- Understanding of change management principles and how to put them in action
- General understanding of Sales and BI Systems and domains relevant to specific processes & practices
- Experience using Salesforce.com, Oracle and analytics tools
- Exceptional team player; always the first to be proactive and work across silos
- Experience working with various cultures, functions, and backgrounds
- Ability to think strategically in a complex, ambiguous environment.
- Highly collaborative with an ability to work across multiple organization levels, territories, and partner with cross-functional teams.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and quantitative skills
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience required
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion, and sound business judgment.
- Experience delivering systems or tools training material in multiple formats to commercial users in an enterprise or global organization
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.